To help people with all types of diabetes manage the challenges of living with a chronic disease and mitigate barriers to care including financial, psychological, and medical.
Our vision is for the people of Oregon with diabetes to be able to pursue their life goals without barriers, creating opportunities for:
- Quality education about management of this chronic health condition;
- The ability to obtain medications and supplies regardless of employment and/or insurance status; and
- Developing the confidence in the individual ability to manage diabetes successfully.
- EDUCATION: Easy access for all to comprehensive diabetes education
- AFFORDABILITY: Ensuring that those diagnosed with diabetes can afford necessary medication and treatment regardless of race, geography, gender identity/sexual orientation, religion, neuro/physical ability, age, or financial barriers
- QUALITY OF LIFE: Individualized diabetes care and management through a collaborative process between physicians, patients, and DCCT pharmacists
- PERSONAL EMPOWERMENT: Enabling those with diabetes to take full control of their lives and achieve personal goal through superior disease management
DCCT Commitment to Diversity Statement:
The Diabetes Community Care Team Mission is to help people with all types of diabetes manage the challenges of living with a chronic disease and mitigate barriers to care including financial, psychological, and medical. While we hope that one day diabetes can be cured and/or eliminated, our vision is to ensure ongoing community access to quality diabetes treatment, education, care, and management regardless of financial or insurance status now and in the future. Diabetes is no longer the death sentence it once was provided that people living with this condition have sustained access to quality care and treatment. Yet diabetes remains the 7th leading cause of death in the United States, many of which are disproportionately part of racial minorities and/or of limited financial means.
As such, the DCCT Board of Directors and staff continuously commit to matters of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion through our dedication to our mission to assist all who struggle with overcoming whatever barriers exist between our clients and learning to live with this chronic condition regardless of age, sexual orientation/gender identity, race, geography, neuro/physical ability, religion, or economic situation by providing consistent quality care. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and walks of life and strive to continuously grow our inclusive team of clients, pharmacists, Board Members, staff, and volunteers so that we may better represent and serve our community at large.